Friday, February 15, 2013

You're My Sweetheart

Hope everyone had a most fabulous Valentine's Day! I must admit I had a great one--dressing up for a fancy dinner out with friends followed by a couch-viewing of "Crazy, Stupid Love". And I truly believe this was the first Valentine's that I was not painfully aware of the fact that I am single. I thoroughly enjoyed the night, and honestly wanted for nothing more. I think I'm beginning to see how single-hood has its place and purpose in my life. God and I sure are spending more quality time together; and while it could always be more, I am noticing it becoming more authentic now in my life. I'm beginning to find myself in the midst of a more robust, but fulfilling schedule for life, and I love it! The only thing I could say I truly yearn for is more adventures (not all who wander are lost, right??). But not so much for a "better half", or even another half at all. It is still a day-to-day struggle, but I think I have made a lot of progress!



Have a great weekend, loves. Oh P.S., been reading some pretty killer novels lately. Would love to pass on some recommendations if you're in the mood!

“There is much more strength in a man who reveals himself only when it is necessary. I have suffered from being alone, but because I have been able to keep my secret I have overcome the suffering of loneliness … And, today, there is no greater joy than to live alone and unknown. My deepest joy is to write. To accept the world and to accept pleasure—but only when I am stripped bare of everything. I should not be worthy to love the bare and empty beaches if I could not remain naked in the presence of myself. For the first time I can understand the meaning of the word happiness without any ambiguity. It is a little different from what men normally mean when they say: ‘I am happy.’ A certain persistence in despair finally gives birth to joy … And if I now feel that I have come to a turning point in my life, this not because of what I have won but because of what I have lost. Within me, I feel a deep and intense strength that will enable me to live as I intend. If, today, I feel so distant from everything, it is because I have strength only to love and to admire. Life with its face of tears and sun, life in the salt sea and on warm stones, life as I love and understand it—as I caress it I feel my love and despair gathering strength within me. Today is not like a resting place between ‘yes’ and ‘no.’ It is both ‘yes’ and ‘no.’ ‘No,’ and rebellion against everything which is not tears and sunlight. ‘Yes’ to my life, whose future promise I now feel within myself for the first time.” Albert Camus, Notebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment