Tuesday, June 4, 2013

This'll Be Our Summer

Is this not the cutest thing you ever did see? I think a love like this is rare and all the more beautiful for that very reason! This is a love letter from Johnny Cash to his soulmate, June. Find more love things at LettersofNote.com.
I have pretty high hopes for this summer and considering we are officially four days into June, I'd say I'm meeting those expectations fairly well. I'm in the thick of four jobs--all very different, but equally exciting and challenging--being a camp assistant, a social media and event intern, a grant-writing shadow, and a baby-toting nursery keeper. I feel like all of these positions are relevant in different ways to my future, with the word "patience" creeping up quite a bit. I'm not taking any classes this summer (if you want to read about that hell on Earth, refer to last summer's posts), but I am in the midst of grad-school perusing and GRE studying. Both of these tasks feel daunting and overwhelming, but ultimately exciting. That sure is something to look forward to.

If you know me in real life, you may have noticed a recent addition to my love life, also known as a boyfriend. What a feat in itself for this kid, you may be thinking. This relationship status change has been just that, a change for me, but an awesome and amazing one to say the least. I believe I have found my best friend in this guy in just a few months. It is a whirlwind and exciting adventure all at one time. It is most definitely the healthiest, if not only healthy, relationship I've ever been in thus far in college, and that in itself is most wonderful. I do believe I finally know what it means to be committed to someone without losing your independence. I know myself through this relationship but not because of it; something very different than what I have experienced in the past. Today I was asked by someone for advice on dating in college and I without hesitation said "Make sure it is worth it." Like anything I believe a relationship can be a learning experience, but sometimes I think we chalk relationships up to our only learning experience, which is far from the truth. This time I am confident this relationship is worth it. Worth the risk of getting hurt and more positively, worth the risk of being loved. That's enough sappy sap for now. But in the meantime please keep my beau in your prayers as he is currently saving the world, playing soccer with schoolkids, and living in Brazil!

I have an obsession with coozies, per ESchnei. And I am officially countdowning to beach day. Heck yes!

Let's talk summer. This summer holds a lot of promise for me and for my dear friends who are on awesome vacations, exciting mission trips, and life-changing adventures called JOBS! I wish for all of you a most fabulous summer. One that hopefully includes one day of sleeping in, one day of reading for fun, and one day of drinking some margaritas and eating some delicious Mexican food. Life sure is busy, but it's so much more fun when you are living it. 

Yours, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment