Tuesday, May 29, 2012

turning twenty, ya'll

I turned twenty over Memorial Day weekend and realized a few things--

1. I am grateful for another year. I spent a few weeks bummed that I was hitting two decades because THAT FEELS OLD. Correction: that feels like growing up. But there are a lot of great things about growing up. And with each year, God introduces me to more professors, more classes, more life lessons, more exciting adventures, more places, and more best friends. Those are the best gifts I could ever ask for.



2. I forgot to mention...I spent the weekend on a cruise to the Bahamas. Yeah I am one lucky girl. While there I spent three days without a phone. Made me miss everyone back in America, but gave me time with three very special people. Time I won't always have. So I realized to be present is to be happy. Let it be.

3. The view from the ocean is AHHMAZIN'. God sure got the world right. Seriously most beautiful and breathtaking thing I have seen in a while. Glory to Him for showing a little bit of himself right there in the midst of a small boat carrying me from the cruise ship to the island. He is everywhere. Firmly believe it.



4. Summer classes online = real hard life. So I apologize in advance if posts get few and far between. I will come back strong, promise.

5. God bless America. I am thankful everyday that someone (both the military and Jesus Christ) afforded me a freedom I do not deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment