Sunday, August 12, 2012

In Your Atmosphere

While I am hesitant to write this post on what is essentially a public medium--though I still think only my best friends read it :)--I think it would be cheating both myself and you to not share. I'm going to keep the post vague, but I guess what I want to address at the moment is risk. 

Tonight I reeled from the consequences of a risk I took last spring to let someone get close to me.  But I will say conversely whenever I took that chance I also allowed for much growth and opportunity. Personally I learned a lot about my self, my relationship and reliance on God, and what I am looking forward to for future relationships. I really cannot even feel anything but sweet anticipation for the future and a settling peace only my God can give me. Seriously every moment of this ride I was tied to God in prayer and will continue to be. 

So my last bit on this topic is that I still encourage risk in life and love. To risk nothing is to lose nothing, but to lose nothing means you'll always keep the best of you hidden from the world. Go for it. 



And kudos to J.M. for the song title. 
"In Your Atmosphere" was the soundtrack to my summer and now feels just so right. 
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment