Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Set Out to Serve The Lord


I get to go home this afternoon for Thanksgiving break, and I am beyond excited. Though I have scurried home a few random times for doctor's appointments and on Halloween just 'cause, I have not really had good, quality time at home in a while. I miss my house and my family so very much! In the spirit of Thanksgiving, arguably one of my favorite holidays, I thought I would share what I am most thankful for.

"Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me
On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul...
In death and in life I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love
My debt is paid there's nothing that can separate my heart from your great love"

I am thankful for my Father's love that I am so undeserving of yet so comforted by. I have done nothing to earn his affection and adoration and He has done everything to earn mine. I think the greatest love story of my life has to be the one between my God and me. I can rest assured that "the Lord will fight for me, I need only be still" (Exodus 14:14) in all worldly and Godly avenues. I am so humbled by the way in which God has revealed himself in my walk in college. He only continues to manifest himself to me through people, interactions, and this University, and I am completely enamored by it. 




I hope you all have a most beautiful Thanksgiving. May the people around your table and in your heart be more important than the food on your table, the worries on your mind, and the troubles of your world. 

God bless, 
K

In honor of our hometown boy, I give you American Idol Phillip Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment