Sunday, January 6, 2013

Proceed As The Way Opens


This morning I visited a new church here in College Town and was pleasantly bombarded with a made-for-me message. Today was Epiphany Sunday, honoring the visit of the three wise men to the baby Jesus. Not only is the word epiphany high up on my favorite words list, but I can also dig the idea of near aimlessly but in true faith following that which we cannot really manifest into words or even into concrete substance. But what I was really jumping out of my pew about was the phrase, "Proceed as the way opens", that our preacher attributed to the Quakers. I think that is absolute brilliance. How smart would I be to entrust my life and all its little things to its Creator? In fact, since it is not my own--and never has been--who am I to be taking it over, anyway? And if He already has everything I need ("All the Lord has is mine" of John 16:15) what would I be giving up by leaving Him? I think that is some pretty smart thinking to be doing, and I'm glad I remembered to do it today. Think what you can commit and turn over to God today; I'm willing to risk everything--even my life--to bet He would be happy to take it off your hands.

Yours,
K

If you feel like indulging in my music tastes tonight I give you the the Avett Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment